Wednesday 23 March 2011

Whatever happened to my cunning plan?

Oh dear......not only is the blog the latest it's ever been - but....

I've only walked 5 miles this week! However - I've cycled 35, including a major expedition to Chichester with Jill. I seem to be incapable of either remembering to take my camera or (worse) remembering to take photos when I DO remember the camera, so when I've worked out how to transfer the pictures from my Blackberry to my laptop I'll add them to this post.

and here they are - this is Jill at West Ashling pond

and me reviving myself with a smoothie on the return journey -


The rest of life sort of took over this week - and I'm really glad it did! Jen and Heloise visited from Cardiff (Heloise taking time out from an extremely punishing schedule of finals, workshops, care work and projects) and we drove Mum off to Epsom to hear a performance by Libera at the Playhouse. Mum first heard the choir on a Waitrose advert and Jen has been 'on the case' ever since. They were just about to go on tour in the USA and the playhouse was packed. The audience included a considerable number of Germans and Japanese, so word must be spreading. We all really enjoyed the concert.

http://www.libera.org.uk/index.htm

The weekend was spent up north - at a 60th birthday party in York, and visiting Ava in Leeds.


no - Ava hasn't got her numbers mixed up. She is calculating how many more miles her grandmother has to walk and cycle in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment