Saturday 14 May 2011

GPS and Galley Slaves

So, how are they doing?

Well, the walker is skirting around Bristol and heading for the Severn bridge. Miles were added this week when Peter and Margaret joined me after work for a saunter along the foreshore followed by soup and fruit at home.

I need to help LeJog along a bit so my challenge for the next week is to ensure that by the time I drive across the bridge into Wales on Thursday, the virtual walker will be there to meet me.

The cyclist is still north of Inverness and heading towards Dingwall.

Now that I've been in the new job for over a month I'm not feeling quite so wiped out in the evenings. The commute to the ship is 8 miles and I'm exploring all the available routes, trying to find the one with the least challenging hills on the way home.

Centre Manager Jon pestered Denise and me to pose for this photo -

as you can see, we're just a couple of shrinking violets really.....or are we galley slaves?

The full blog for the new ship can be found here:

Some time ago I came across Project 1p. At that point Luke had made the news by becoming a 'landowner' in Bulgaria just weeks after starting his swapping project (starting with 1p).Now it seems he has a wedding dress to swap. If Anna hadn't already got hers for September I might have been tempted to contact him. What do you think I could have offered in return?

oh - and RIP RB10. Can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment