Saturday 9 July 2011

Croeso i Cymru

Both Christine and e-Christine are spending a bit of time in Wales, where I am (self-styled) "staff nurse in residence" and trying to train Jen to hammer on the bedroom floorboards when she needs something.

I'm on a mission to fill a toybox for Ava, so a 3-mile walk saw me scouring the charity shops in Wellfield, Albany and Whitchurch Roads - sadly with no success on that front, but I walked as far as Slunks hairdressers on Whitchurch Road, where Heloise curated her exhibition earlier this year.

Roath Park is just around the corner, and a 2- or 4-mile walk gets me around the recreation areas + rose garden, or right around the lake and back. I did the 4 miles and the lake looked beautiful.

Jen wants me to borrow her bike and ride the Taff Trail. I think I'll save that one for when she's recovered and we'll do it together and celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment