Tuesday 18 January 2011

White Rabbit Syndrome

“I’m late! I’m late!”
Pretty pathetic for January 18th I know – but the New Forest calendar in my kitchen, where I catalogue all the walks, is still looking rather impressive!

I’m having problems with the ‘new look’ MapMyRun site -

http://www.mapmyrun.com/

 – it’s really sticky and keeps seizing up on me when I try to update the route. Anyway – I’ve included the link and will share the route once I’ve worked it all out.  So you’ll just have to believe me when I say I’m between Manhay and Camebone (yes!) - but should be in Truro by now......

The cyclist is still limbering up at John o’Groats, but if the weather stays like this (not slippery) she will be setting off very soon. The physio at QA is really pleased with my progress and I think the cycling will be beneficial for strength (braking etc) and flexibility.

The ‘not alone’ part of the project is taking shape. I am celebrating each county I travel through with a supper or tea or other (related) activity – suggestions on a postcard please. Invitations have been sent for a Cornish Pasty Supper this month – I’ve chickened out and invited family first as I’m not so sure about cooking these, despite my Cornish ancestry! Recipe to follow after the event.

I have also done my first walk with the Chichester Walkers – a meetup group I joined to ensure that I really don’t make this a solo activity. We had a lovely sunny morning  for the walk around Emsworth/Prinsted/Nutbourne – the trouble was I was so busy chatting that I couldn’t remember the route when I got home! It was lovely to meet other walkers and the group was friendly and welcoming. 

I hadn’t come across these groups before – but they seem to be a great way to meet people with shared interests. There is also a Chichester Cyclists – cycling Christine hasn’t joined that one yet – it sort of depends on how much lycra is involved......

Well – I can’t just sit here. It’s sunny, I’m not at work – 

and I’m late!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/wellbeing/7935172/How-to-walk-A-step-by-step-guide.html

    ReplyDelete