Sunday 23 January 2011

Somewhere north of Eden....

Phew – it’s been a hard week fitting in the walks, but I’ve made it to St Austell. My peptic ulcer has been playing up just a little due to the fickle nature of the MapMyRun website. I’ve decided to carry on logging the walk via MapMyWalk (a more logical choice, some might say) as it appears easier to use and doesn’t constantly freeze my screen.

It’s been great doing the “bread and butter” walks around the village – Ian now rewards me with the biggest of grins when he spots me striding out cheerfully early in the morning. (He is always on his bike, of course!)

The week was rounded off today with another walk in the company of the Chichester Walkers. We managed 7 miles, starting at Fernhurst, just north of Midhurst and finishing back where we started with Sunday lunch at the Red Lion. There were about 20 of us again, and although I had resolved to chat less and take more notice of the actual route this time – it didn’t happen. Much of the time was spent “eyes down” anyway as we had to contend with very wet and muddy conditions underfoot. We had splendid views from Telegraph Hill and it was chilly, but just right for a brisk walk.


I was delighted to hear from Sarah that she has caught the “project bug” after hearing me enthusing about this, and has decided to walk around the Isle of Wight this year in 12 x 6 mile sections. I’m really excited as she has invited me to join her for some of it!

So – focus of the coming week will be:
to practise those Cornish pasties for Saturday
to make sure I average 3 miles per day and get out of Cornwall on time 

and I really need to get that cyclist on her way.......

No comments:

Post a Comment