Monday 4 April 2011

Cheeeeese Grommit?

Another wall-painting, Maeve-sitting week punctuated by a lovely walk in Surrey with (cycling) Valerie and the wine and cheese event to celebrate my arrival in Cheddar. (Actually, that's a bit of a wild guess as without access to the internet I can't really be sure...) Now that the laptop is out of intensive care I can try the mapometer site again. Ed says I need more memory (if only......) and probably a new adaptor, but I can use the laptop for the time being on battery only.

Valerie and I walked up Leith Hill. We were going to cycle this time, but her own bike was only just back from the repair man, and her spare one still with him. I can't find a cycle rack that fits a 2004 Clio as the wretched Renault badge on the boot interferes with every rack I can find. A towbar is the answer of course - but that comes at a price.
The weather wasn't great but we ate well at the pub in Forest Green and I actually saw my first bluebell of the year.

Valerie and I always discuss projects, plans and holidays - spurring each other on to more and more adventurous ideas (which she then puts into practice!). Always an inspiration.

And so to Cheddar. I wasn't sure how to arrange the wine and cheese evening, as it's notoriously difficult to find a convenient date for everyone. Then I hit on the idea of hijacking the reading group evening that was already in the diary - albeit at Cathy's house. She kindly agreed to be 'used' and we discussed One Day (which most of us had thoroughly enjoyed reading) whilst quaffing wine and nibbling cheese and olives.
Those stuffed peppers are so good and Cathy thoroughly deserved that last one for being such a delightful hostess!

Sorry Cathy - it's not a very flattering photo and will be removed on request!

Sadly Martha and Lesley couldn't join us - but 8 out of 10 was pretty good for us - and was about the average score we gave the book as well!

My blood pressure is unaccountably higher this month and I'm trying to work out why. I've been busy, that's for sure, and I'm just about to start a new job (tomorrow). I've probably been drinking too much coffee as well - so I'm reigning it all in a bit this month and we'll see where we are at the end of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment