Sunday 17 April 2011

Null Points

I'm trying to be kind to myself. Starting a new job is always somewhat stressful and if it's one where you're on your feet all day, then it's also going to be physically tiring. So the walker and the cyclist haven't budged this week - but my flapjacks are the BEST - according to Jake.

Instead of working in the middle of a traffic island in the centre of Portsmouth I now work on a converted Dutch Barge called Resolute


for an organisation called Christian Youth Enterprises. Check out the work they do on

http://www.cye.org.uk/

Jake works there too and the view from the galley where I bake the flapjacks looks like this:


After a week finding my sea-legs (actually the ship does move and it's a very odd sensation) Anna and I drove to Cardiff for the weekend to visit the RHS show in Bute Park. We had wonderful sunshine and enjoyed the planted wheelbarrows - and of course, the daffodils.

This was Rapunzel - who was actually a little scary


but cleverly provides a link to my niece Heloise... On Friday evening Anna and I arrived just in time for a gallery opening night at Slunks Hair Salon on Whitchurch Road in Cardiff. Heloise had put a huge amount of time and effort into curating the collection of artworks by young local artists and the evening was a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment