Sunday 17 April 2011

We are sailing....

but still not walking or cycling.

Unless you count Wednesday when I visited baby Maeve again and we all walked down to the shoreline with Bessie the dog. I'm glad we waited for the cows to move into the next field - especially when we spotted the bull in the midst of them!

I had mentioned to Chris that it would be good to get some sailing in this summer - so when he realised that he had the afternoon off on Thursday and that I had an early finish........we canoed out to the Wayfarer and tacked up and down the channel for an hour. There was practically no wind so I helmed for a bit - which was ok until we needed to go about. Chris demonstrated his training skills admirably. I like to think he gets his patience from me....!

On Saturday Anna and I drove to Chatham to the Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation day at Greenwich University. It was a brilliantly organised day with talks which ranged from interesting and educational (diet, nordic walking, tai chi) to intensely moving (the lady who had had islet cell transplants and is currently living injection-free) and frankly hilarious (Oliver Double, stand-up comedian and father of 2 diabetic sons). This is a national charity with its registered office on Hayling Island...!

http://www.drwf.org.uk/

Today I really was intending to walk with the Chichester Walkers. But I was so tired that I just joined them for lunch at the Greyfriars Pub in Chawton.

How the mighty have fallen...!

Today is Ben's birthday. Happy Birthday Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment